Gratitude is the practice of recognizing and expressing appreciation for the things, people, and experiences that bring value and joy to your lives. Research has shown that cultivating a mindset of gratitude can have a number of positive effects on your overall health. While also allowing you to strengthen and expand your leadership, including:
- Sleep can significantly improve in length and quality with gratitude. Especially when journaling (or at least thinking of) what you are grateful for before going to sleep. As studies have shown for decades, our final thoughts before going to sleep help to set the energetic vibration we wake up with. When our final thoughts are focused on what we are grateful for (versus what went wrong that day, what didn’t get done, etc), it becomes a precipitous and fantastic snowball effect to start and build on the next day.
Improves Physical Health:
- According to a study published by Personality and Individual differences, grateful people experience less aches and pains and they report feeling healthier than others. Grateful people are also more likely to take care of their health. They exercise more often and are more likely to attend regular check-ups with their doctors, which is likely to contribute to further longevity.
Increased Motivation and Productivity:
- Expressing gratitude reduces stress and can improve mood and increase feelings of positivity, which can lead to increased motivation and productivity. Individuals are less likely to procrastinate or deliver half-a** results.
- Studies have also found that gratitude increases an athlete’s self-esteem, which is an essential component to optimal performance in leadership positions as well. Another interesting find in several studies is that gratitude reduces social comparisons. Meaning rather than becoming resentful toward people who have a stronger “voice”, greater influence, larger market share, bigger team, more sales – which is a major factor in reduced self-esteem – grateful people are able to appreciate other people’s accomplishments and use that as inspiration and motivation to take action themselves.
Improved Team Cohesion:
- Showing appreciation for the contributions and efforts of team members can help to build trust and strengthen relationships, leading to improved team cohesion.
Enhanced Relationships with Stronger Communication and Conflict resolution:
- Gratitude can help to build positive relationships, which can improve communication and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Cultivating gratitude can help leaders to develop a more positive outlook and a greater sense of resilience, which can be helpful in times of challenge or stress. It reminds us to focus on the positive outcome or solution that can be created, regardless of the level of challenge currently being faced.
Better Mental Health:
- Engaging in gratitude practices can help reduce negative and toxic emotions such as envy, resentment, frustration and anger, while simultaneously helping leaders to develop empathy and emotional intelligence, which are important leadership skills.
Overall, the power of gratitude when stretching your leadership lies in its ability to position you for optimal performance with improved sleep, mental outlook and physical health which allows you to enhance motivation, team cohesion, communication, greater resilience and expanded leadership skills
By expressing appreciation and gratitude, leaders can create a positive and supportive environment. And time has repeatedly shown us that organizations who encourage expressions of gratitude in the workplace are likely to reap the benefits of a more engaged, productive and healthy workforce. These, without question, are crucial ingredients to sustainable growth in business.
AND personally, developing an attitude of gratitude is one of the simplest ways to not only improve your satisfaction in life, it empowers and positions you in becoming the next best version of yourself.
Optimize Their Way to 7+ Figures experiencing more money, more time freedom and more JOY along the way!
Service-based business owners hire Dana Earhart when they are ready to Optimize Their Way to 7+ Figures experiencing more money, more time freedom and more JOY along the way!
With 25+ years in consulting, Dana’s built teams from the ground up and led teams of 2 to 100 across multiple continents. It was almost 11 years ago, with a toddler in tow, she took the leap, leaving a 20 year career in corporate consulting, to launch her own business. Helping others lead more effectively while streamlining and simplifying is one of her specialties.
Today, as a Business Growth Strategist and the CEO of Dana Earhart Consulting, Dana helps transform “overwhelmed and overworked” 6 & 7-figure business owners into THRIVING 7+ Figure CEOs, without being workaholics.
By blending business strategy with personal growth and development, Dana delivers a holistic approach for business owners ready to optimize their way to 7+figure revenues creating more money, more free time and more JOY!
If you are ready to create this in your business and life as well. I’m guessing it’s worth exploring with a 30 min call to see if we may be a good fit? Grab a day/time that will work for you and let’s start talking to determine if we’re a good fit.